Solving all of Life’s problems.. one chocolate chip at a time!
Lets call them Death by chocolate cookies ..sounds more fun and intriguing doesn’t it?? Plus who wouldn’t want to die by chocolate??
Anyways these are soo luxurious and decadently chocolatey that I assume anyone who has one would fall into a chocolatey stupor…
I am a chocoholic as you know..and if genetics has anything to do with it, so is my kid..the 2 and half yr old joy of my life ( ha) on good days and my crazy lil monkey on bad days!
And lets not forget the husband here… so is HE!!!
Chocolate to the rescue yet again. I’m stealing hearts one chocolate chip at a time.
So I thought and thought.. literally wore the carpet out with my walking… wrung my hands.. twisted my hair.. bit my lip trying to decide what would make the dessert crazy hubby of mine really hoppity poppity happy!!
And after a lottttt of menu searching …( cant call it soul searching unless by soul you mean tummy ) and supplies check, i decided on this rather easy and decadent version of a cookie…
The Death by Chocolate cookie is for everyone.. Its purely for the chocolate lover in you, the child in you, the lover of good life… the lover of all things delicious and luxurious… for someone who is beyond diets and fads and believes food is good. Simple. Plain. Happy.
- 125 grams dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 150 grams plain flour
- 30 grams cocoa powder (sieved)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 125 grams soft unsalted butter
- 75 grams soft light brown sugar
- 50 grams white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (cold from the fridge)
- 350 grams dark chocolate chips (or semi sweet chocolate morsels)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Melt the 125g dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a heatproof dish over a pan of simmering water.
- Put the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugars in another bowl using an electric beater
- Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingredients.
- Finally stir in the chocolate morsels or chips.
- Scoop out 12 equal-sized mounds – an ice cream scoop does the job well..and place on a lined baking sheet about 6cm apart. Do not flatten them.Sprinkle some more choco chips on top..
- Cook for 18 minutes, testing with a toothpick to make sure it comes out semi-clean and not wet with cake batter. If you pierce a chocolate chip, try again.
- Leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.