I am back with a new pasta post..yes! I know ,its been too long since I did a pasta post..Its not coz suddenly my love affair with Italy ended or that my new year resolution is to diet. Heck no… Its simply coz ..well I have been caught up with a thousand and one things, and haven’t really been getting too much time to post regularly..And how I have missed that!
Sitting at the laptop in the quiet of the night, speaking to you lovely lovely folks is something I look forward to soo much. Anyhow , I don’t want to crib and whine too much..
What I do want to do, is share with you this completely new pasta sauce I tried out.
In all honesty I had made this before. We loved it back then too. But this time, I got it perfectly right..and so I rushed to my laptop and well..here we are.. with a brand new, lip-smackingly delicious post!
If you haven’t travelled to the land of lemon and pasta, it can seem a little foreign at first but let me assure you, once you try this, you will be hooked on…
Its a very very simple recipe..One of those quick 15 min meals you can dish up for weekday dinners..
I typical serve with grilled chicken or toss in some prawns to make a whole meal out of this pasta…and of course, serve some greens!
Enjoy this! It’s a little outside of the norm…a refreshing (and ridiculously easy) 15 min dinner meal.
After all its a new year..and well its time to try something new …
And do you know what would be perfect??
- Garlic cloves 4-5 (chopped fine)
- Yellow Onion 1( chopped fine)
- Mixed Italian Herb – 1 tbsp
- Cook pasta, reserving 1 cup of hot pasta water when you drain.
- Set pasta aside in a colander.
- In a pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute the garlic and onions till fragrant and translucent.
- Add the mixed Italian herbs.
- Squeeze in the juice of 2 lemons. Whisk together.
- Pour in cream and the wine.
- Whisk until hot.
- Dump in cheese and whisk until melted. Add salt and pepper.
- Add some chopped up basil to it.
- Check consistency, adding some of the hot pasta water to loosen the sauce if needed.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce and stir it so that the pasta is coated well with the sauce.
- Pour pasta and sauce into a large serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining basil and mint all over the top,..
- Top it with some red chillie flakes and grated cheese..
- Serve immediately!