Valentine’s Day is over..Oh yes!! Thank God…But what….!!! Now its time for Chinese new yr!!
Really??? But I am still getting over the food I made and ate!!
Argghhh… Never mind ..We shall overcome..and we shall cook again!!
This is a continuation of the Valentine dinner series..part of the menu that I served that night..
Yes, I am so prompt!!
I should really get a watch..or atleast glance at that thingy called calender!!
So here goes, no more rambling. No time for that now.
Especially when I have this amazingly easy and such a delicious chicken recipe to share.
I love chicken.
Its easy on the budget. Its easily available and its easy to cook. These chicken breasts are marinated in honey, lime juice and Sriracha and are every bit as good as they look — and if you haven’t tried Sriracha, the Asian hot sauce named after the coastal city of Si Racha in Thailand, this is the perfect recipe to taste just how delicious it is.Made from sun-ripened chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt, Sriracha (pronounced SIR-rotch-ah) is a popular ingredient with chefs in the States — definitely a food trend of the moment. It adds a delicious spicy taste and can be easily found in supermarkets.This one is a keeper.
Ingredients for the chicken:
For the Marinade:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, from one lime
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from 2 limes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1-1/2 square inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2-3tbsp tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts,pounded.
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnishing platter
- Limes, sliced into wedges, for garnishing platter (optional)
- Begin by making the marinade. You’ll need the zest of a lime, fresh lime juice, honey, soy sauce, vegetable oil, garlic, ginger and Sriracha.Combine all of the ingredients in a blender.Purée until completely smooth, then set aside 1/2 cup of the marinade to use as a sauce.
- Next, prepare the chicken. Place the chicken in a Ziplock bag with the remaining marinade and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. After the chicken has marinated, preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Scrape the grates clean to prevent the chicken from sticking, then dip a wad of paper towels in oil and rub the grates until smooth and shiny.
- Grill the chicken, turning occasionally to promote even browning, for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on it — the honey in the marinade causes the chicken to caramelize on the grill and turn a beautiful, rich brown color; however, the chicken can burn if the grill is too hot. Lower the heat if the chicken is browning too fast.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and drizzle with the reserved marinade. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over top and serve. Enjoy!
For the Blistered Tomatoes:
- Cherry tomatoes 8-10
- garlic cloves chopped finely 4-5
- Salt , pepper, chillie flakes and oregano..as per taste.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan..once smoking, throw in the garlic …saute for 30 sec, then add the whole tomatoes..add the seasoning and let it cook till blistered and done for about 7-8 mins..Keep shaking the pan to keep it from sticking.
Serve hot alongside the chicken for a wonderful satisfying plate of food.