We survived 9 yrs of togetherness, 4 years of marriage and 3 of them as parents,without killing each other!! 😛
It was Celebration time (that thing called Anniversary) at the Singh Casa yesterday and Boy Oh boy..did we ever!!?
But,of course to commemorate such an occasion, surely something grand and fabulous demanded to be made or baked!
But guess what?? I didn’t bake us a cake!!
Instead, we cooled off and chilled out with this…and Oh how we loved it!!
White Wine Sangria…
This, ladies and gentlemen is the answer to all your summer time woes!
Trust me, as you always do. You won’t regret it 😛
This bubbly white sangria tastes like a fancy schmancy mimosa … You’ve got your orange juice and sweet white wine and other juicy fruits to soak it all up. It’s the perfect cocktail for almost all celebratory occasions…and a complete crowd pleaser,when done right! It’s light, sweet, and vibrant. Not to mention sangria’s visual appeal. I mean honestly – how can you turn down a cocktail this colorful and charming?!
The beauty of this sparkling cocktail? Customisation baby!! It’s your cocktail and as long as you stick to the basic ratios..you are more than welcome to play it to your taste!
Want it a little sweeter? Add some sugar syrup or honey to taste. Too sweet? Add a splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Use peach nectar instead of orange juice. Leave out the watermelon juice and add a splash of cranberry juice. Add some kiwi for color or even a few pomegranate seeds. If you have extra fruit in your fridge – toss it in.
It’s a 5 min job but one that needs resting time..I let my fruits soak for up to 5-6 hours, or even from morn till night at times…this intensifies the flavor and makes it perfect!
Make this soon…and trust me, this is all you need to make the summer sing!
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup watermelon juice
- few balled watermelon for garnish
- few thin slices of green apple.
- Sugar syrup 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup Honey ( as per taste).
- 1 750ml bottle sweet white wine (I used Pinot Grigio. You can use Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc too)
- 650 ml bottle of sparkling water or soda
- 100ml triple sec or you can use brandy.
- Start by slicing and balling the fruits.
- Make the respective orange and watermelon juice.
- Place all fruit and juices in a large pitcher or bowl,
- Stir in the sugar syrup or honey if using.
- Add wine and triple sec allow to sit in the refrigerator for 5 – 24 hours.
- Right before serving, add the sparkling water.
- Taste; if you’d like it to be sweeter, add 1/4 cup granulated sugar, honey.
- Put some ice in the glass and then add the drink.
- Serve and enjoy!
A happily celebrating,
I would highly advise against adding the sparkling water and ice in the pitcher. Do this just before serving to make sure it remains bubbly!
Traditional sangria usually includes a little brandy. By all means, go ahead and add 1/4 cup to the pitcher. I don’t typically keep brandy in the liquor cabinet so I added triple sec.