Strawberry brownie bites are these extremely fudge-y and chocolate-y brownies made simply and layered with fresh strawberries. Dusted with some icing sugar and served with a cup of hot espresso, this is an easy and quick dessert you can make whenever the mood strikes for something chocolate-y.
“May your life be filled, as mine has been, with love and laughter; and remember , when things are rough all you need is .. chocolate”.
It happened on night. I was working on a blog post and suddenly wanted something chocolate-y bad. So bad, that even though it was midnight I left the warm cocoon of my bed and went down to the kitchen to see what I could whip up. Chocolate and salted caramel are my weakness when it comes to desserts. I rarely bake. But when I do, I make sure its not too complicated or doesn’t involve too much of frosting. Blame it on the fact that I hardly have a sweet tooth except when the mood for chocolate strikes, i forgot to post this deliciousness in favor of my spicy counterparts! I made this before Christmas.. but finally got around to posting it. I know.. I am so prompt 😉
But better late than never right? So lets get down to the topic at hand here.. Brownies are sheer awesomeness. My absolute fave thing to do at midnight involves either eating or baking these brownies. And if you are anything like me, you will love these too.
Complete bliss, especially when they come in the form of these extremely addictive and super fudge-y chocolate and strawberry brownie bites served with a cuppa espresso!! These are a little different than my usual Rum & Raisin Brownies coz its more fudge-y. But the taste is delicious too. Best served with some strawberries,a dusting of sugar,a scoop of ice cream and a steaming shot of espresso.
This recipe is adapted from Ashleigh of MasterChef AU fame. Her famous raspberry brownies prompted me to make these and since I can’t get fresh raspberry at this time in my part of the world, i swapped them for fresh strawberries. It was just as delicious!!
Hope you enjoy them just as much as we did. This is also the perfect recipe to bake with your child..Me and babyD made these again on a weekend and she was so so thrilled!
- Unsalted Butter - 140gms
- Dark chocolate - 200 gms ( I used Morde)
- 3 eggs
- Brown sugar 200gms
- All purpose flour 80 gms
- Cocoa powder 60 gms
- Espresso shot - 50 ml
- Fresh strawberries - 200 gms
- Vanilla/Strawberry essence - ½ tsp
- Icing Sugar for dusting.
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Start by melting butter and chocolate over low heat. Whisk to make sure no chocolate lumps remain. Remove and keep aside.
- Next, whisk eggs and sugar until combined well. Add the essence and mix.
- In a separate bowl, sieve flour and cocoa. Now mix the dry mix into the egg and sugar mix and gently fold through to combine.
- Slowly pour in chocolate and butter and stir to combine.
- Slice some strawberries thin.
- Now grease and line a 20 x 20 baking dish with baking paper, lightly dust with flour.
- Pour half the mixture into the tray. . Scatter half the strawberries over the top.
- Pour the remaining half of the batter over the strawberry. Again put the strawberry slices lightly over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or just cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Cut into 16 pieces and serve with a dusting of icing sugar ,some fresh strawberries and a hot cup of espresso.
- Enjoy the bliss that follows!