Strawberry cherry margaritas coz its 5 o’clock somewhere right? Besides what could be a better way to ring in the new year than with these naughty babies?
All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.” – Peter Pan.
And as we welcome 2016, I am filled with one sentiment more than anything else.. Thankfulness. Thankfulness for yet another year to accomplish new goals, to pursue my passion, to love more, forgive those who hurt me and to live more happily! I hope 2016 is awesome for all the friends & well wishers of Lapetitchef. Let go of the past, forgive & forget and do what you love, with all your heart!
Today morning when the alarm went off at Godforsaken 6:30 am it felt like some alien spaceship had come to abduct me. I gingerly got out of the bed, shivering all the way in my PJs to turn off the darned thing, (yup, i keep my mobile in another room when i go to bed, feel free to say bravo!) saw the time..rubbed my sleep ridden eyes again and checked the time once more. Yup. It was 6:30 am. And the madness had to unfold!
PS: If you REALLY want to know what I felt like, take a peek at the video I shared on my FB page @ Lapetitchef.
How was your first Monday after the Holidays? Don’t tell me you got up happily??Jumped off the bed and couldn’t wait to start the day?? In which case, can you please share your secret mantra with me? To those of you,who are absolutely NOT a morning person like me, but LOVE their job & work anyway..well join the gang ladies, we are not alone. We might groan and grimace through the first couple of hours, but we do it anyway. Brave hearts..us 😛
I am sure everyone had a great Holiday. Its so much fun when the family comes over and you have Christmas madness followed by those days between Christmas and New Year when you don’t really know what day it is.. except that its time for some more family time and lots more delicious food! We had a blissful time. I didn’t really get much done but we loved every min of the break.
There was so much fun with friends and family coming over, one of our oldest friends came over with their brand new lil baby boy, we got some new family members in the form of little fishes (one of which babyD named after P :P), I chopped off my long hair for a new look and we made lots and lotsa food. More Than I Can Say.
This particular drink was something I had made for my friend and her wife when they had come and it was just what we all needed. Crisp, refreshing and fruity with season fresh strawberries and cherries, this was what our souls longed for, especially since the kids had finally fallen asleep!! Swap the fruits for pomegranates and you will have yet another fave of mine..Pomegranate Margaritas.
And hey, this is what seasons greetings is all about, right??
Suggestions: Make a chilled pitcher of these for the next party and lay out a fun DIY Chicken Tikka Wrap or Mushroom bruschetta on the table, and a platter of the easiest Tandoori Chicken you can ever make. Paired with some nachos and my Homemade Salsa, your friends will feel as though the holiday season is back, even if its just for the night! And that’s what being a good hostess is all about in my books.
Wishing everyone a magical New year filled with new possibilities and dreams, new hopes and happiness!
PS: Click on the PINK recipe links to make those delicious dishes!
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate or make your own lemonade.
- 12 strawberries ,made into juice
- ¼ cup grenadine
- 8-10 basil leaves
- Tequila Gold) - 2 cups
- Triple Sec - ½ cup
- Soda - 2 cups
- For garnish:
- Slices of strawberry
- Lime wedges
- Mint/ basil leaves
- Margarita Salt Mix to rim the glasses
- For a pitcher:
- Make the Lemonade as per your taste or use ready made limeade concentrate.
- Add the juice of ten-12 strawberries and the grenadine to it. Mix well ans adjust sugar of needed.
- Add the fruity limeade to the pitcher.
- Gently crush some fresh basil leaves in your hand and add that to the pitcher.
- Next, add the triple sec and tequila to it, top with soda or sparkling water , mix well and set aside in the fridge till its time to serve.
- While serving, rim the glass as mentioned below, add some ice cubes to the glass, pour over the margarita and garnish!
- Optional: a squeeze of some lime juice!
- For individual portions:
- Fill glass with ice.
- In a martini shaker, add the tequila, triple sec, grenadine, basil leaves and strawberry lemonade. Shake well.
- Pour over ice and add a squeeze of fresh lime juice to taste.
- Garnish with thinly sliced limes and strawberries and mint leaves.
- To rim the glass :
- Add salt to a shallow dish. Cut a lime wedge and run it around the rim of a glass. Gently dip the glass into the salt mix, twisting back and forth to coat. Tap to let loose the excess. Set aside.