Poached egg burger with garlic aioli is one of the best ways to start our day! Crisp toasted sesame coated burgers filled with good for you veggies, smoked sausage, topped with a perfect poached egg and dressed in a silky garlic aioli! If that doesn’t spell happiness to you, i don’t know what will!!
Breakfast is evidently important for us. Did you know that? I bet you did coz after all you are not as daft as me.Duh! I know we are supposed to breakfast like a king, or is it champion these days, anyhow..breakfast should be nutricious, filling and healthy (tasty is implied). But 5 out of 7 days I skip breakfast. I am the typical coffee addict who guzzles coffee and survives on a sole apple till lunch time. Of course I do blame my hectic crazy schedule for that. (Read: NOT). Talking of hectic, I have been having a crazy week guys! Life got in the way of blogging, not cooking or eating (thankfully). I shall be back to my usual two-three posts a week routine soon enough. And hey, I did some tweaking to the blog. Do you like it??
Anyways here’s the thing.. ” Sometimes I think I am the only foodie /blogger who cant really stomach breakfast”. Deep breath everyone. Deep breath! Its not THAT big a deal? At least thats what I tell myself. But recently I have started having half a bowl of cereal or parfait, or atleast toast and nutella. P has always loved having breakfast..its kind of mandatory for him. And he loves his eggs and paneer parathas. Of course when it was still cold I did eat my share of Poori Alu Jhol and gleefully forgot it was just 8:30 am yet! Did I tell you folks that this Aloo Jhol found a mention in the leading national newspaper The Hindu? I was so happy to see something so humble, so rustic find its way into one of the most respected daily’s! Check out the PRESS section to view it!!
P’s all time favorite is the croque madame or the fried egg wrap, mine this Strawberry banana bread and poached eggs on peas tartine. Even so,we wanted a change. And this easy peasy answer was sitting right in front of your eyes. This kind of breakfast needs merely 10 mins of your time and you can throw it together real fast. If you are the kinds who cut their veggies the night before(planner?? really! Please tell em your secret), then this is your dream meal. So so easy and seriously the best thing to have for breakfast.
Perfectly poached, golden runny egg oozing out of the burger..
The smokiness of that herb seasoned breakfast sausage..
The crisp lettuce and veggies all ensconced in a crisp toasted bagel or buns.
And to top all that gorgeousness, we have a silky smooth garlic aioli.
As if that wasnt enough, I threw some french fries into my airfryer too..and served with a lychee mojito mocktail coz, Hello.. 9 am and going to work!
Doesn’t this just spell splendor??!!! (one too many exclamation points…but it was THAT good)
Lets get down to business then, shall we??
PS: I am so sorry about being AWOL this week. Things have been absolutely crazy on the personal front and I just didn’t have the mental stamina to sit down and sort my pictures or write anything! I already so much food to share…if at all I ever get around to it!!
PPS: Someone please send over some cutesy e- planner..this crazy girl so needs it!
Breathe in. Breathe out folks. One more day to go for Saturday!
The garlic aioli recipe is from my friend and fellow blogger over at Dishing Delish. If you haven’t visited her yet, you must! She paired this fabulous sauce with crispy baked sweet potato fries. But in all honesty this is so good I wanted to slather it on everything! Please click on the colored links to get the recipe for the Garlic Aioli. Thanks!!
I used Philips Airfryer .. I have been using it for over a yr now and LOVE it. Take a look here and usher in a healthier eating habit!
- For the burger:
- 1 burger bun per person.
- 1 egg per person
- 2 smoked sausage each ( ready to eat packs)
- Cheddar cheese or any good cheese slice - 1 per person.
- Assorted veggies like lettuce, tomatoes cut in rings, onions cut into ring
- Cucumber pickle - 1 piece each
- French fries - as per personal requirement.
- Tomato ketchup - as needed.
- Salt & pepper.
- Red chillie flakes - ¼ tsp
- Mixed herbs - ½ tsp
- Garlic Aioli - The recipe of this delicious garlic aioli is from a fellow blogger and friend over at Dishing Delish. Please head over to her site to make the aioli. Link is in the post. Thanks!!
- Start by making the poached eggs first and simultaneously air fry the potato.
- For the Poached eggs:
- ( 1 for each usually, but P has 2)
- Large sauce-pan
- Slotted spoon
- Small custard cup or glass bowl
- How to:
- In a skillet or saucepan, heat 2 to 3 inches of water to boiling; reduce heat so water is simmering. Break a cold egg into a custard cup or small glass bowl.
- Holding cup close to water’s surface, carefully pour egg into water. Repeat with another egg. (Be sure you’re using a large enough pan so that eggs don’t touch during cooking.)
- Cook uncovered 3 to 5 minutes or until whites and yolks are firm, not runny. Remove eggs with slotted spoon. Cooking time might be a little longer, but look for the same done-ness indicators: whites and yolks should be firm, not runny.
- Remove, add salt and pepper.
- While the eggs poaching, heat a separate pan, add a little olive oil and fry the sausage in some chllie flakes and mixed herbs till done. Remove and slice into thin slices.
- For the Burger:
- Toast the burger with butter till crisp (or as you like it)
- Clean the lettuce and slice the tomatoes and onions into rings.
- Make the Garlic Aioli following the recipe of dishingdelish provided in the link.
- To assemble:
- Slather some Tomato ketchup on one side of the toast.
- Lay some lettuce on the other burger, top with the sausage slices, add the cheese slice, then the tomato and onions,the cucumber pickle, finally top with the poached egg. Serve with the garlic aioli dressed on the egg and a drizzle of sriracha (optional).
- Serve immediately alondside the french fries and with your favorite juice.