“Friendship … is born at the moment when one man says to another “What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .”
When I started this blog two years back it was just a random thought, something that was started on a whim and mostly coz my sister thought I should start a blog. And so I did. Needless to say I had absolutely no clue as to what I was doing. I was still cooking good food but had no voice of my own, and hardly any photography skills. I didn’t even know of the word SEO (in fact until last yr I had no idea of it!) or that traffic is supposed to matter! I just wanted to cook good food and write something. The day I got 20 visitors I was so happy! I couldn’t believe people were actually reading my blog, even if that was just 20! But it was special. Two yrs down the line I still get the same thrill when I see visitors on my blog, even if its considerably more people. I have made mistakes, taken a hard fall last year but finally found my voice and realized I shouldn’t let one mistake stop me from pursuing what I love. And so here we are, one year down the line, a little more mature, a little wiser and still as much in love with blogging as I was the first day I started this.
When BabyD came excitedly back from school and told me the motto of our school is “We value our values..”, it got me thinking. As I was explaining to her, I realized that the values that came automatically to me were the simple ones. Love deeply. Laugh openly. Learn wherever you can. Don’t lie. Always be a good friend. Never gossip or talk bad about people. Be kind. Always be happy to share. These are essentially what I have lived the greater part of my life by. I am a flawed person for sure, but I will always be openly flawed. And I LOVE to share! We shared everything between the three of us while growing up, my sister and me still share things without a moment’s hesitance, I shared everything from my best kept class notes to clothes with my friends from school and college and I have always found a kind of happiness from this simple gesture.
This giveaway here is my first attempt to do something special for my foodie friends in India. I have tied up with a few of favorite brands to bring you this exclusive and highly personalized giveaway. Since I have a thing for All things pretty , I have chosen what I would love to have and so this hamper is kind of a reflection of me. Apart from the brands, I have added lots of things on my own for you guys, just to make this giveaway more perfect for you guys.
I want to take this moment to thank two of my favorite artists, who I feel lucky to call friends. True to their wonderful big hearts and generous spirits, these two amazing ladies have bestowed their art to this simple giveaway of mine, making it so much more special!
Dithi Mukherjee of Dithitara is a supremely talented artist from Kolkata who has made quite a name for herself. Her etsy shop will leave you mesmerized. I personally have her art at my home and every morning I feel grateful and peaceful just looking at her work. Vineeta Nair of ArtnLight is another extremely popular and much adored lifestyle blogger who’s store houses everything that’s been hand made by her. Take a look at her shop and simply fall in love with these one of a kind pieces for your home.
To say that these two ladies are powerhouse of talent is an understatement of the century. I feel extremely proud and elated that they have joined hands with me in being a part of this giveaway.
Giveaway & Contest opens on: 8th August 8 AM through 4 September 7:55 AM. You can participate in the give away and win this awesome bundle of gifts I have put together for you oh so lovingly.
As we are celebrating the Festive month of August, the Contest is going to be for the BEST FESTIVE RECIPE. The winner will receive this hamper. Lets take a look at the rules now.
Rules of the CONTEST:
- Starts on 8th August, Ends on 4th September, 2016.
- Open ONLY to the Residents of India.
- Open to both bloggers and non-bloggers.
- Looking for the Best Festive recipe to celebrate Indian Independence Day, Rakshabandhan and Ganesh Chaturthi.
- The dish must be Indian in origin. You are free to style it in a modern way, but I will be looking for wholesome Indian festive delicacies.
- Both sweets/desserts and savories allowed.
- There is a Limit of 3 posts per person.
- If you are using posts from your archives, please make sure its been published in the month of May, June and July. Anything before that will be disqualified.
- You have to enter the Rafflecopter widget at the bottom of the post and like fulfill the criteria there to be considered as a valid entry.
- Plagiarism of any kind will not be tolerated. So no pics lifted off the internet and no content that’s not your own. If your dish in inspired by someone else (and that’s perfectly fine), mention that in the post.
- Share your posts on my FB page along with the hashtag #Lapetitcheffestivegiveaway. Make sure you use the # wherever you are sharing this, on twitter and Instagram.
- Please ensure your pictures are clear and well photographed. No blurry images, no inedible close ups of food. You don’t have to go overboard with styling. It is one of the criteria but I will be looking at the recipe overall more than just the picture.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
In order to participate in this contest, you have to simply add your recipe link to the under given Inlinkz “Add your Link” button.
1. For Bloggers:
Its very simple for bloggers, all you need to do is copy paste the link of the post you want to enter into the competition in the under mentioned “Add your Link” tab. Once you paste the html link in the space, press tab, a picture will be automatically picked from your post, enter your email address and press DONE (at the bottom of that section). Tada..Your post has been entered.
2. For Non-Bloggers:
Well, it gets a tad trickier for non bloggers since you don’t have a html link readily available. So here’s two ways about it.
1. You can simply add the post (with recipe and picture) on your FB timeline, tag them #Lapetitcheffestivegiveaway, and add that particular post’s link here. So just open the particular recipe post, click on the link you see in the navigation bar, and paste that link in the undermentioned “ADD your Link’ tab here.
2. Alternately, you can also add the recipe and picture to your flickr account and add that html link here.
Step by step, do this :
1. Simple click on the “ADD YOUR LINK” and paste your post links.
2. Next go on to the Rafflecopter widget and complete the 3 easy tasks there to earn more points.
3. Share the posts on my FB Page, use the hashtag #Lapetitcheffestivegiveaway.
One winner with highest points (including both the recipe + rafflecopter ) will be chosen. The Winner will be declared on 9 September, on all my Social Media channels.
May the best one win! Good luck!
Every time you read my post, laugh at my dinner story or feel my emotions, I feel one with you. So thank you ever so much for being the most amazing readers ever and for appreciating me, encouraging me and most importantly, for accepting me, just the way I am.
Disclaimer: This giveaway has been partially sponsored by Delmonte India, ArtnLight, Dithi Mukherjee of Dithitara, UrbanDazzle.
[inlinkz_linkup id=653757 mode=1]