I’m not sure how you made it here, to my little corner of happiness and bliss amongst millions of other websites, but I couldn’t be happier that you did.
Hi!! I am Swayampurna Mishra, or Swayam as people have called me all my life. A banker by profession who must work to feed her dirty little feeding habit.. I love my books..am yet to meet a piece of chocolate I didn’t like and I love rainbows!
I also happen to be the author,recipe developer, photographer and sometimes even the hand model of Lapetitchef.
My blog reflects my philosophy on life and food.. “Fun, Fast & Fabulous!”
I cook from my memories. I cook from my heart. I cook food that moves me. I cook food that excites me..and when I do enter the kitchen, I cook up quite a delectable storm!
My history with food began with having an exceptionally patient cook for a mother..and evenings spent talking my heart out to my mom as she made dinner. The love for cooking that started since the age of nine has now become a way of life..so much so, that if I go two days without cooking I feel restless. A self taught photographer and food stylist, I find my moment of calm when I hold the camera in my hands. I spend my days running after my 4 yr old, working and feverishly cooking away in the kitchen, styling food and photographing. My style of cooking is more instinctive, its free and liberating focusing on well developed taste buds rather than relying on exact measurements.
- I believe in living simply,creating food that makes us happy and eating what we love.
- Just like Julia Child taught, I too believe that everything good begins with having the best, freshest ingredients.
- That food is memories. Every post in the blog is accompanied by a dinner story coz I feel good meals become unforgettable when you know the story behind it.
- That we should get nutrition, love and happiness through food.
- That the hands that know how to create food are some of the most passionate you will ever know, just like my mother’s and granny’s. And well, me of course 😛
- And that food is joy, and joy is food.
I’m constantly learning new things in the kitchen, discovering new ingredients and flavors, yet embracing the tried and tested ones that will always be my favorites. Simply put, I’m happily embracing my passion, one delicious dinner story at a time.
And when I’m not cooking + writing + clicking there’s a good chance you’ll find me, “Running with my baby; pottering around in my garden; managing different financial portfolios; cuddling up close to my man; relaxing with yoga, reading a good book and chilling with a cup of coffee and may be watching Game of Thrones”.
PS: Check out ABOUT Lapetitchef to know more about what this pretty little space here is all about!!