Organic Mantras is a compilation of wholesome, healthy and delicious recipes developed by me using the organic products from 24 Mantra. Its a new series on the blog and one that I have been following for the last 4 years. Hope you like these super delicious dishes too!
Organic. Wholesome. Healthy.
These are the words that have been playing on my mind for the longest time now. As far as I am concerned organic is not just a fad any longer. It has to be a way of life. Almost every foodie, every restaurateur, every mother, every teacher knows the value of an organic lifestyle and should do everything they can to inspire people to adopt this lifestyle.
“We are all a part of something bigger than just ourselves. We are more. So much more.”
Starting this month I am collaborating with one of the best organic food brands in India, 24 Mantra Organics to bring to you some beautiful wholesome and organic dishes every week. As you all know I am extremely choosy about the brands I endorse, be it here or any of my social media. Only brands that have been used, tested and liked by me ever make it to the space of mine. And I am extremely
happy, thrilled to say that 24 Mantra Organic is simply the best there is. Still looking for reasons to try an organic approach to living? Here’s some points to ponder over.
1. Chemical free – This one is kind of a no-brainer, but I am going to put it here anyways. Organic food is free of chemicals and pesticides, making it so much more healthy for you. In fact studies show that organic food is higher in nutrients than traditional food. It also has higher amounts of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals.
2. Good for kids – As a mother, majority of my time goes into planning meals for my child that is actually healthy and aids her brain and physical development. With that thought in mind I have been using organic products for the last 4 and a half years now. And you know what? I sleep so much better knowing that I am not feeding pesticide coated, chemical injected food to my little one. Isn’t that a parent’s dream? Organic food is free of neurotoxins. And since kids brains are more susceptible to chemicals and toxins than an adults, organic food is really a Godsend.
3. GMO free – Did you know that 18% of all genetically-modified seeds (and therefore foods that grow from them) are engineered to produce their own pesticides. Imagine eating food that can produce pesticides inside you body!!?? Still want to eat them? No thanks! This is where organic foods come in.
4. Better for environment – Scroll up and you will see me quote that we are a part of something much bigger. By that I mean, we are a part of the world, the whole organic, living, breathing world that comprises of not just you and me, but the plants, animals, our environment. When we live in synergy with everything that’s around us, things become better for everyone. Organic food does just that. Organic food is pro- earth. Organic food production has been around for thousands of years and is the sustainable choice for the future. Compare that to modern agricultural practices that are destructive of the environment through widespread use of herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, and fertilizers and have resulted in drastic environmental damage in many parts of the world. Which is why we should try and adopt, and advise people to an organic lifestyle.
5. Tastes better – Organic food simply put, tastes way better than the traditional stuff. Imagine no artificially ripened fruits or color injected vegetables, no wax polished aubergines or teeming with pesticides spinach. No oil coated pulses or processed flour. How much healthier would that be?? And I can vouch for the fact that they taste better and yes, even take less time to cook, which in my book is always a positive! Yay to organic.
Apart from these obvious reasons, I love using the products from 24Mantra Organic because of their approach to the whole thing. Their collaboration with 30000 farmers across India and helping bring independent living to the small scale farmers. This is an essential role in the overall synergy of the environment and I feel so proud to be associated with a brand that takes a look at things in such a helpful and wholesome manner. You can read more about their farming practices here.
Also, did I mention their range of products? Its as good as any supermarket you guys! You get almost everything you could need for a good dish. I visited their product menu and lost myself for 30 minutes while choosing what all to buy. And I feel so happy when I test them out coz they are clearly more tasty! Yay for organic food.
Now that you know a little about why and how’s of my going organic, so be sure to check out the Organic Mantras initiative by 24 Mantra Organic and watch out for this space for some really exciting stuff coming your way. You can also check out their Facebook Page and Instagram page and join this Organic movement. I hope you will give these special dishes a try. I hope you will give these special dishes a try. I can assure you that they taste simply amazing and you will so much happier knowing you are feeding your family and friends wholesome, healthy and delicious food free from any kind of toxin or chemicals.
So go ahead, take a look at the recipes, check out some of 24 Mantra Organic products and start living an organic and healthy life. Today.
Disclaimer: This section has been sponsored by 24 Mantra organics but all the opinion stated here are my own. I DO NOT get any kind of payment or commission if you buy their products. I am endorsing them purely coz I love their products.